[whatwg] Video proposals

On 3/17/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:56:53 +0100, Shadow2531 <shadow2531 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > For example, every video page on a site might have a 400 x 400 video
> > element (to fit with the layout for example), but the video that plays
> > in it will range in size and aspect ratio.
> >
> > A way to solve that so the layout of the page is not disrupted would
> > be to have the video element represent the video screen area where the
> > video itself can be scaled and centered inside it by the browser.
> >
> > For example, if the 400 x 400 video element plays a 640 x 480 video
> > and keepaspect is set, the video would show centered inside the screen
> > area at 400 x 300. If keepaspect is not set, the video would show at
> > 400 x 400.
>
> That's how <video> is defined now. Except that "keepaspect" is the default
> behavior and there's no way to switch. Perhaps people should reread the
> draft?

"Video content must be rendered inside the element's playback area
such that the video content is shown centered in the playback area at
the largest possible size that fits completely within it, with the
video content's aspect ratio being preserved. Thus, if the aspect
ratio of the playback area does not match the aspect ratio of the
video, the video will be shown letterboxed."

So, that also means that scaletofit in my examples is implied by that?

--
burnout426