[whatwg] Video proposals

From: Magnus Kristiansen <magnusrk+whatwg@pvv.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:03:28 +0100
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:39:07 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> ON PLAYLISTS
>
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Shadow2531 wrote:
>>
>> The handler should also support some type of playlist like
>> <http://www.xspf.org/>.
>
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>>
>> #3: Playlists.  (A single video file just won't cut it.)
>
> These were the only requests for playlists. Could you elaborate on the
> use
> cases for playlists? What are the needs for playlists?

When I think of playlists, the first thing that comes to mind are
commercials. Some video sites show ad or promotion clips before and/or
after the main video. I imagine they'd see that as a use case. It could
also be used to create medleys of several smaller clips, although it might
not be a big need.

--
Magnus Kristiansen
"Don't worry; the Universe IS out to get you."