[whatwg] Using the HTML5 DOCTYPE as a new quirksmode switch

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@tigerstaden.no>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:53:09 +0100
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:08:09 +0100, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

>> So I thought, what about using: <!DOCTYPE html> as the new switch?
>
> This is a plain simple yet brilliant idea.

Thanks. :)

> Other browsers can also use <!DOCTYPE html> as an indication to stop
> applying certain hacks which make them diverge from standards in favor
> of interoperability with IE.

Yes they can. As long as all browsers take the oportunity to start anew
and fresh with HTML5 (or whatever it will be named), it can open up a lot
of possibilities for all implementors. I'm sad there aren't more replies
to this wonderful idea, though! :-P

--
Asbj?rn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/
?He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away?