[whatwg] href attribute

From: Colin Lieberman <colin@fontshop.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:55:34 -0800
My apologies if this has already been discussed -

One of the strengths of the current XHTML2 spec is the broadened use of
the href attribute
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-hyperAttributes.html#adef_hyperAttributes_href)
-- and the resulting requirement for user agents that any element with a
(valid) href element be an actionable link.

I don't see the href attribute specified anywhere but the a element in
the current Web Applications spec. Is there interest in expanding
actionable elements in this way?

Regards,
Colin Lieberman