[whatwg] The issue of interoperability of the <video> element

From: carmen <_@whats-your.name>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:23:22 -0400
> But I don't accept that idealistic advocacy regarding encoding format
> support for the <video> element is pointless in the situation in which
> we are today where the market leaders haven't yet decided what they are
> going to do.

they havent? it seems pretty clear to me

adobe - push swf/flv/apollo
microsoft - push windowsmedia/silverlight
apple - push quicktime/h26[34]

due to installed-base LCD, we're stuck with flv unless:
 microsoft<>apple agree on a codec, or
 webkit<>mozilla<>opera agree on a codec and IE has to cave in and support it too

has any player shown recent interest in change?