[whatwg] The issue of interoperability of the <video> element

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:57:22 +1000
> So a company which owns a patent on a standard that can bought and
> read at freedom is just as bad as a company which owns a patent on a
> standard that has absolutely no public documentation?

If you're talking about Ogg Theora, then you've got your facts wrong.
First of all, Ogg Theora is not owned by a company.
It is open source and sourceode is the best and most accurate public
documentation you can get.
And if you try google, you'll find a lot of additional documentation,
such as this detailed explanation:
http://www.xiph.org/theora/doc/Theora_I_spec.pdf
and the Theora FAQ http://theora.org/theorafaq.html

But I may have misunderstood what you were alluding to.

Regards,
Silvia.