[whatwg] several messages about discouraged things

From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:21:27 -0400
Once upon a time Ian Hickson shaped the electrons to say...
> Frames are out (except <iframe>, which I don't really see as being a
> problem, though let me know if I'm wrong on this). Tables for layout are

I think iframe is required simply by weight of use.  It seems like
most web-based advertising uses iframe now - huge examples are Google
AdSense and Amazon.

Back when HTML 4 was being put together, I suggested doing without
iframe and having object handle text/html.  It always seeemd to me
that iframe was really a specialized 'object'.  But now iframe is more
widespread than frames ever were.

-MZ
--
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.