[whatwg] Allowed characters in attribute names (was: Re: Stepsfor finding one or two numbers in a string)

Why should I want to use a localized attribute name for the embed element?
I assume that the attribute named ?sm?rg?sbord? should necessarily
correspond to an internal property of the same name.  This would require a
localized compiler to compile the embedded object in the first place because
mixing natural languages like ?switch(sm?rg?sbord)? in source code looks bad
and makes the code chaotic and unreadable.
Of course, it can be done: it is possible to ?#define v?lja switch? and use
?v?lja(sm?rg?sbord)? instead---but that hack is not supported by modern
development languages like D and it need not work well with syntax-aware
code editors and static analyzers.

The following conditions must be met to make such a name appear in the
specification of an embed element:

* The development environment must be localized.
* The documentation must be translated into the developer's language.
* The developer must not understand a word of English and be extremely
unwilling or unable to learn some
or
* The attribute in question must denote a culture-specific notion that is
hardly expressible in English (one area I can imagine this may happen in is
law).
* The active element must be available to national public only.

Considering the conditions above, it turns out that your code sample is
highly whimsical and it uses a deprecated element that should be replaced
with an object element anyway.  So the standard is right: it need not be
supported and should not be required.

Chris