[whatwg] Charset meta sniffing and supported encodings that are not rough ASCII supersets

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 23:57:52 +0300
The spec probably needs to be made more specific about the case where
the ASCII byte-based algorithm finds a supported encoding name but
the encoding is not a rough ASCII superset.

23:46 < othermaciej> one quirk in Safari is that if there's a meta
tag claiming
                      the source is utf-16, we treat it as utf-8
23:48 < othermaciej> hsivonen: there is content that needs it
23:52 < othermaciej> hsivonen: I think we may treat any claimed
unicode charset
                      in a <meta> tag as utf-8

--
Henri Sivonen