[whatwg] contenteditable, <em> and <strong>

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:51:08 +0000
Hi,

From: "Simon Pieters" <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
>Well... in that case <strong> needs to be defined as being equivalent to
>important or as stress emphasis is lost.

Actually, when I think about it, the ability to express such semantics
*could* be moved to the class="" attribute, e.g. class=important and
class=emphasis, with perhaps both being appliciable to all of <strong>, <b>,
<em> and <i>, and perhaps some others too. Perhaps that will be better
understood by authors.

Or perhaps we don't need a way to express these semantics.

I don't know. I don't like giving up on things, though. :-( If it leads to
this then adding <em> and <strong> to HTML was a mistake in the first place.

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Titta p? livekonserter - exklusivt p? MSN
http://msnpresents.msn.com/hub/?mkt=sv-se