[whatwg] Thoughts on the <hi> element (formerly the <m> element).

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> I've been pondering a use for the <m> element, and I agree that the
> highlighting sematics make the name "hi" a better choice. Also, I think
> it would be most useful in this context:

> |   XForms is a W3C recommendation.
> |   <hi by="Matthew Raymond" title="This comment has no logical basis.">
> |   XForms Tiny is does not conflict with XForms, but WF2 does.</hi>

Whatever the merits of <hi> over <ins>, putting complex notes intended
for human consumption into attributes like "title" that cannot contain
hypermedia references or semantic or linguistic information seems
guaranteed to break.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis