[whatwg] <map id="">

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:33:21 +0200
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:21:00 +0200, Michael A. Puls II
<shadow2531 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wan to be sure:
>
> Even though id is required, name is allowed on <map>. Correct?

No. name is currently not allowed (but I have suggested we change to name
instead of id [1]).

> (It
> currently needs to be for Safari and Firefox in text/html or image
> maps won't work (even on trunk versions)

Indeed.

> As for case:
>
> [Opera]
> match for id or name is case-insensitive regardless of mime type.
>
> [Firefox and Safari]
> application/xhtml+xml
> match for id is case-sensitive
> text/html
> match for name is case-insensitive
>
> [IE6]
> match for name or id is case-insenstive.
>
> So, it seems it might have to be case-sensitive for xhtml5 (since
> other things are case-sensitive in xml)  and case-insensitive for
> html5. (Unless there's no need to be case-sensitive for XHTML5. If so,
> then Opera's way would be cool.)

I don't see any need for it to be case-sensitive for XHTML5. :-)

[1]
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-April/010975.html
--
Simon Pieters