[whatwg] [WF2] <button> without value="" should perhaps use .innerText as value

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 03:28:35 +0200, Kornel Lesinski <kornel at osiolki.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:10:07 +0100, Simon Pieters <zcorpan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We currently don't have interop with IE and other browsers with regards
>> to what to send to the server as the value of <button>.
>>
>> IE always sends .innerText as value.
>
> IIRC it's innerHTML, but I can't verify it at the moment.

Ah. Indeed, it is. Replace .innerText with .innerHTML in my proposal.

> Is there really a noticable number of sites that rely on IE's broken
> behaviour?

Apparently, enough for the IE team to not change it for IE7, despite me
sending a bug report about it. (The bug was closed as "by design" IIRC.)

> [...]
> * And worst of all - IE always sends all undisabled <buttons>. This
> makes value irrelevant, because you can't check which button was clicked
> anyway.

This is fixed in IE7, unless I'm mistaken.

--
Simon Pieters