[whatwg] Trailing garbage, numbers and conformance

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:08:28 +0300
On Apr 5, 2007, at 20:44, Ian Hickson wrote:

> The conformance requirements require the strings to be (e.g. in the
> case
> of floating point numbers) "valid floating point number", which
> doesn't
> allow any spaces or non-numeric data, trailing or leading.

Oops. Sorry. Somehow I managed to miss that. Thanks.

I like forbidding surrounding whitespace, so I'm not complaining, but
I am mildly amused how this makes XSD datatypes even less applicable
than previously thought. This leaves the regexp feature of XSD
datatypes as the only feature that is useful for HTML5 conformance
checking. (And even the definition of the XSD regexps is ? how would
I put it ? less than great.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi