[whatwg] [WF2] <select required>

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:35:32 +0000
Hi,

The required="" attribute doesn't apply to <select>s in the current draft of
WF2. As an author I'd expect it to apply to <select>.

I've seen a case where a <select> is used and the user is required to change
its value, as in:

   <select name="test" required>
    <option value="">Select one:
    <option>Foo
    <option>Bar
   </select>

Now this can be done with radio buttons instead, but why can't the above be
supported? That is, make required apply to <select>s and if the value is
empty then required is not satisfied. (Same for <select multiple>.)

(I realise that radio buttons and checkboxes satisfy required even if the
value is empty.)

Regards,
Simon Pieters