From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:55:24 +0000
Hi,

The syntax section says:

   A thead element's end tag may be omitted if the thead
   element is immediately followed by a tbody or tr element.

Tables created by the HTML parser in conforming HTML5 will always have a
tbody element. Further, the <tbody> start tag is also optional if it starts
with <tr>.

The following are not equivalent:

The first will have one thead element and one tbody element, while the
second will just have one thead element with two rows.

Thus I propose that the </thead> may only be omitted if it is immediately
followed by a <tbody> *start tag*.

The same applies to </tbody> and </tfoot> omission.

I see that you have attempted at fixing this with:

   However, a start tag must never be omitted if the element to
   which it belongs is immediately preceeded by another element
   with the same name, whose end tag has been omitted.

But it doesn't help because this problem exists with different combinations
of thead, tbody and tfoot, and they don't have the same name.

I think this is better fixed by talking about start tags instead of elements
(except for parent elements).

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Alla lediga jobb f?r bartenders http://jobb.msn.monster.se/