[whatwg] Element content models

From: David Walbert <dwalbert@learnnc.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:52:00 -0500

On Nov 30, 2006, at 4:53 AM, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

[nested annotations]

>> and it would seem particularly odd to allow that in the limited
>> space of paper but not the free expanse of hypertext.
>
> I think one reason why existing content models exclude them is
> the problem of how to render them.

+1

Hypertext doesn't seem as much a free expanse when you have to start
designing a usable page of it; then it becomes dissapointingly
reminiscient of paper. :-)

Not, of course, that our inability to conceive of how to make it
useful should necessarily exclude a feature like this, but does
anyone have a suggestion on how to make nested annotations/citations
easily readable and usable, and solve the issue of how to number them?

_____
David Walbert
LEARN NC, UNC-Chapel Hill
dwalbert at learnnc.org