[whatwg] hash Attribute

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:23:41 +0000
Ian Hickson wrote:
> If the idea is that UAs that implement this would stop you from using the
> file if the checksum didn't match, then this would just cause users to use
> browsers _without_ this feature to download files, since those browsers
> wouldn't complain about data corruption. "It works when I use IE to
> download the file but when I use Camari, it says 'checksum error'."

Hopefully, it would instead say:

"The file you have downloaded has been corrupted or tampered with."

[Delete File] [Keep Unsafe File]

It might even just delete it without asking you. After all, you haven't
actually got the file you wanted - or that the person linking wanted you
to have. If they didn't want this behaviour, they wouldn't have used a
URL with a hash.

Gerv