[whatwg] Table integrity and conformance

From: Alexey Feldgendler <alexey@feldgendler.ru>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:19:06 +0600
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:18:46 +0600, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:

> Do you mean moving all TFOOTs after TBODYs, so that the HTML 4.01
> placement would be forbidden?

TFOOT should be allowed before TBODY because it helps progessive rendering
on paged media. I'm not sure if it should be allowed after TBODY as well
-- the renderer cannot finish layout of the first page until it knows
whether or not there is a TFOOT at the end.

>> Maybe it should be REQUIRED for THs that
>> aren't in obvious locations (first row, first column, or whatever).

> Didn't do anything about this, yet. I think more discussion is needed.
> And more precision if this idea still stands after discussion.

TH in the middle of a table is OK. There can be various subtitles inside
the table.