[whatwg] getElementsByClassName() idea

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:18:32 +0100
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:55:05 +0100, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:
>> I think this hasn't been suggested before. Perhaps the method should
>> accept a DOMTokenString as argument instead of an array. This allows
>> things like ele.getElementsByClassName(ele.className) etc. The only
>> problem is how to get a DOMTokenString without first getting .className
>>  from somewhere. Perhaps it should be a constructor as well. 'x = new
>> DOMTokenString("aaa bbb")'
>
> How is it better than DOMString?

It inherits from DOMString.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#domtokenstring defines
it.

Hixie, the title attribute of the remove(token) definition says
dom-tokenstring-add rather than dom-tokenstring-remove...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>