[whatwg] JSON encoding

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 06:06:23 +0000 (UTC)

(I couldn't work out what thread this was a continuation to -- the first
message below didn't have a "Re:" in the subject line, and I can't find
any other thread that used the word "hazard". So I don't know exactly
what this thread was about. However, I shall not let that stop me from
jumping in and giving my two cents...)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Douglas Crockford wrote:

> This is a convenience issue. Having toJSONString as a builtin is a
> convenience, removing the need to load json.js.

Assuming the thread is about introducing a way to convert a JS object into
a JSON representation, then I would encourage you to contact the
ECMAScript committee. Adding features to JavaScript is out of scope for
the WHATWG specs.