[whatwg] Mathematics on HTML5

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Mihai Sucan wrote:

> Yes, it's true authors don't generally jump on whatever comes new
> (that's the reason MathML is not as widely used as LaTeX).

I would say MathML is not widely used because MathML doesn't work in HTML,
personally. If we made MathML work in HTML, possibly with rules that make
the syntax easier (by implying tags as I suggested earlier), then that
might well change, especially given that one UA already has extensive
and high-quality support for MathML.