[whatwg] getElementsByClassName()

Jim Ley wrote:
>> I know nothing of this "attaching events to a class name" of which you
>> speak. Can you give me a reference to a document or proposal describing it?
>
> It's the one use case described in this mailing list,
>
> See e.g. http://listserver.dreamhost.com/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-January/005434.html
>
>  the document of course shows no use cases at all.

Is there some doubt that the ability to tag an arbitrary set of elements
and later easily get an array of those elements is a useful feature for
web development?

If you would like use cases, I present all of the web pages currently
using a JS implementation of getElementsByClassName based on
getElementsByTagName("*") and some manual class name inspection logic.

Gerv