[whatwg] Content Model Restrictions on table>tr in HTML

On Dec 6, 2006, at 23:18, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> What you probably mean is when the authoring tool makes claims
> about the
> contents of the generated file. If it claims that the file contains a
> table element with tr child elements then it would be misbehaving, but
> not because table elements must not have tr child elements, but
> because
> there are no such elements in the generated file. But never mind, I
> certainly do not want to stop you from torturing people who wish to
> learn about HTML syntax.

Side note:
I considered the inference of a tbody harmless enough that the
validation mode I describe as the text/html-compatible subset of
XHTML5 allows tr as child of table when applied to XML.

Is this a bad idea? I thought it wasn't particularly useful to flag
trees with tr as child of table as something that would break if
serialized as HTML5 and sent as text/html.

(This does not affect the UI that claims to be a technology preview
of an (X)HTML5 conformance checking service. This only affects
options in the generic UI.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi