[whatwg] several messages about XML syntax and HTML5

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:52:02 -0500
Martin Atkins wrote:

> Isn't this what the "Accept:" header is for?

When it works, it's great. However, fifteen years or so into the Web, we
can't even give document authors the ability to set the MIME type for
their own documents. Expecting them to be allowed to do content
negotiation and browser sniffing and so forth, is more than I'm willing
to posit.

Must-ignore is far simpler to implement, and works today. I don't want
to see it broken.

?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!