[whatwg] PaceEntryMediatype

Le 3 d?c. 2006 ? 18:49, Ian Hickson a ?crit :

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
>> What I mean is that "being syndication feed" is not a property of a
>> relationship, it's a property of one end of the relationship (the
>> resource the link "starts from" or "points to"); so it has nothing
>> to do
>> with the rel="" attribute.
>
> I agree, in principle. Unfortunately, for autodiscovery we have to
> have a
> mechanism that can advertise what the syndaication feeds are without
> requiring the UA to fetch every link, because fetching every link
> would
> be much slower (and on some networks, fiscally more expensive).

I'd like to suggest a possible solution that would address these two
issues at the same time. The type attributes allows for parameters
after the mime type. So what about this:

     <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml;role=feed"
     <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml;role=entry"
     <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml;role=edit"

If the type parameter "role" is not present, "role=feed" would be
implied.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/