[whatwg] [wf2] addition and attributes of type ID

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I was wondering if 13 of
> <http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#addition> perhaps could
> be changed to say that all attributes where isId returns true should be
> removed instead of just the one that was chosen as name of the
> repetetition template. This to avoid duplicate IDs in the document.
> (Multiple IDs for the same element is less of a problem imho.)

If authors are using multiple IDs on the same element, then they
presumably know what they are doing and can handle it. I wouldn't want to
start stripping random attributes just because someone labelled it as
being an ID attribute. We only strip the one attribute to prevent
confusion in the normal order of things.

IMHO.