[whatwg] proposed canvas 2d API additions

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:42:21 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

>     boolean pointInPathFill(in float x, in float y);

This sounds fine to me (though it means you have to spin through creating
many paths for hit testing, instead of just hanging on to a particular
path and hit testing a list of paths, which seems silly).

>     float [] getPixels (in integer x, in integer y, in integer width,
> in integer height);
>
>     void putPixels (in float [] pixels, in integer x, in integer y, in
> integer width, in integer height);

I don't understand how these are supposed to work when the underlying
bitmap's device pixel space does not map 1:1 to the coordinate space.