[whatwg] Do we want reparsing of <title>?

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:46:53 +0000
Hi,

The EOF entry in the Data State[1] says:

|When the content model flag is set to the title state: throw away all the
tokens that were
|emitted since the content model flag was set to the title state, switch to
the normal state,
|and start reconsuming all the characters that were consumed since that
point. (In other
|words, reparse everything that came after the title element's start tag.)

Do we really want reparsing here? Doesn't the same security considerations
that made the spec drop repasing of comments[2] apply here aswell?

IE doesn't reparse here (it seems to just drop everything after the <title>,
resulting in a blank page), so I doubt that many pages rely on this
reparsing.

[1] http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#data-state
[2]
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-January/005552.html