[whatwg] id and xml:id

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:26:33 +0200
Quoting fantasai <fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net>:
> I'd rather see the id attribute restricted to an NCName token insofar
> as possible. We can make an exception for Hixie's repetition templates,
> but otherwise I think it should be compatible with the XML ID syntax.

I agree. Note also that the repetition template also allows for
characters that
are compatible with XML ID. Of course, this is only for valid documents... All
things should still be defined in a way that they take into account invalid,
yet well-formed, documents as well. (And HTML documents...)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>