[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - repetition model control

From: ROBO Design <robodesign@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:21:09 +0300
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 04:46:39 +0300, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:

> ROBO Design wrote:
<...>

> If you want it done like that, then at least use type="button".  That
> way, users of legacy UAs don't get confused by a strange text box that
> they don't know what to put into it, but rather end up with a button
> that does nothing when clicked.  Neither are ideal from a usability
> perspective, but the button seems like better graceful degradation.
>
> However, <button type="add"> already does that, so I'd just leave it as
> is.

I know neither are ideal from a usability perspective. Yet, 'ideal' cannot
be achieved in this case (or probably ... ideals can't be achieved).

It's up to Ian to decide what he believes to be the best.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future