[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - repetition model control

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:46:39 +1000
ROBO Design wrote:
> What would probably be better:
> <input type="template" for="some-template-ID"
> action="add|remove|move-up|move-down">

If you want it done like that, then at least use type="button".  That
way, users of legacy UAs don't get confused by a strange text box that
they don't know what to put into it, but rather end up with a button
that does nothing when clicked.  Neither are ideal from a usability
perspective, but the button seems like better graceful degradation.

However, <button type="add"> already does that, so I'd just leave it as is.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/