[whatwg] Disclosure: Change of employer

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 05:37:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

As some of you may know, today I started work at Google. I will be working
full time on standards work, including a significant portion of my time
being spent on the WHATWG specifications.

This will not hurt the work of the WHATWG; if anything, it will in due
course help it. In particular, I will be able to spend more time on WHATWG
now than I was able to do so at Opera Software, since my responsibilities
at Opera included more areas than just developing Web standards.

If you have any questions about how my employment may affect the WHATWG
work, please feel free to ask. I will reply to the best of my ability.