[whatwg] nested forms: spec doesn't quite describe current HTML UA behaviour

From: Hallvord R M Steen <hallvors@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:26:12 +0200
On 10/2/05, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> Quoting Hallvord R M Steen <hallvors at gmail.com>:
> > This doesn't describe UA behaviour according to my test cases.

> I think you are confusing HTML with XHTML here. At least, I hope you do.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, Anne.
I'm talking about backwards compatibility, so this is *only* relevant
for HTML and that parenthetical note in the spec about how old UAs
presumably do things. Perhaps that sentence is not intended to be a
normative description of HTML parsing but it should be correct anyway.
--
Hallvord R. M. Steen