[whatwg] [html5] window.print() undefined

> I really don't see why. When the user clicks "print" he wants to print
> what he sees. He might want a slightly different layout (thus print
> stylesheets) but why would he want different content altogether?

Maybe that's where the biggest disconnect is between my thinking (and
Dean's, I believe) and yours.

No, I don't believe that is always the case. The user _sometimes_
wants to print what he/she sees, but my experience tells me that most
of the time, the user wants to print what is considered main content
of the page. For example, I am using my online banking, and want to
print an invoice. Do I want to print the navigation and all contextual
content that surrounds my invoice on the Web page? Of course not.

Now, the second question is whether @media print is enough to provide
all functionality needed for getting this done. I tend to think "no".
Why? Because just CSS (in its current state) is not enough to provide
all functionality associated with rendering of the page. How is print
rendering different?

:DG<