[whatwg] Suggestions and questions for Web Forms 2.0, 2004-12-26

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:36:34 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> I love the idea of type="move". It's the kind of thing I would love to put
> in WF3. But it's simply not realistic to expect WF2 implementors to spend
> the time it would require to make that feature work correctly.

Why pre-suppose this, I simply do not understand the point of
declaring that implementors are not able to do something, when the
whole point of the implementation phase of the spec authoring process
is finding out if the authoring of it, is practical or not.

Put it in, when there's real implementation feedback, then you can
judge, don't reject it simply based on your own gut feelings on how
much effort it would be for you to test it on one or two user agents.

I am confident input move is easier to implement than many other
things in the spec on my implementation platform, I'm not asking for
the tough bits on mine to be removed because they're too tough yet, I
might give that feedback in the future, but right now, I'm willing to
suck it and see.   You agree it's a valuable feature, but it in, let's
find out when we're actually implementing this stuff if it's
practical.

Jim.