[whatwg] XPointer

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Jim Ley wrote:

> And the proposal was that you include a requirement for XPointer for
> fragment identification within XML documents.  I hardly see what the
> difference is, you've made a decision to require external dependencies
> to fulfil a use case, it seems completely reasonable.
>
> Please respond to the request and not fudge the issue based on your
> personal prejudices against technologies.

What _are_ you talking about.

The request, as I understood it, was to provide exactly what XPointer
provides, by requiring XPointer support. That's already possible, by
simply using the XPointer spec.

This has no relation whatsoever to the other cases you brought up, which
are examples of technologies that are _extended_ by WF2.

Please stop trolling. It's getting quite tiresome. The rest of us are
trying to actually do work here.