[whatwg] Re: <output> and onforminput

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:28:58 +0100
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:03:49 +0100, Malcolm Rowe
<malcolm-what at farside.org.uk> wrote:
> The intention is to support all legacy browsers, including things like lynx.

That is not what Ian said before.  Please see the previous discussion.

> Suggesting that we're all trying to break backwards compatibility to force
> people to adopt Opera is laughable.

I never suggested that, I suggested where Opera has a near monopoly
(which it does on a some platforms) we'd be forced to upgrade at a
cost to a new version, if the WF2 did not degrade gracefully on those
user agents, as it looks so far, it doesn't, and Ian has stated that
only IE6 is important.

> How is WHATWG 'controlled by 2 browser vendors'? I'm not a browser vendor,
> except in the limited case that I sometimes contribute to Mozilla. Ditto for
> fantasai, and yourself.

You're not listed as a member of the WHATWG, is this list out of date now?

Jim.