[whatwg] Re: Suggestion for Menus in Web Forms 2.0

Jim Ley writes:
> javascript is not an acceptable solution for the legacy UA's,
(Just so we're clear - I agree with that bit)

> server-side processing of the form perhaps, but mandating a server and
> HTTP for WF2 forms is I think inappropriate, not all HTML usage has a
> server for navigation.

But not this bit. What on earth are you going on about?

WF2 is an extension for *forms*. If you're using HTML4 forms, you almost
certainly have a server to submit the data to. Ditto for WF2.

I agree that it is possible to have HTML4 form controls without a server,
but the same is true for WF2. I just can't work out what you're trying to
say.

Regards,
Malcolm