[whatwg] Suggestion for Menus in Web Forms 2.0

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:19:29 +0100
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:21:23 -0400, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
>    The general idea is that if the user's browser is IE 6.0, the menu
> will render as a simple drop-down list. Javascript could then be used to
> capture what item in the list is selected.

javascript is not an acceptable solution for the legacy UA's,
server-side processing of the form perhaps, but mandating a server and
HTTP for WF2 forms is I think inappropriate, not all HTML usage has a
server for navigation.

Otherwise it would've seemed reasonable...

Jim.