[whatwg] Re: repetition model

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm@farside.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:47:52 +0100
Jim Ley writes:
>> > yes, what does XHTML have do to with having namespaces in HTML
>> > documents?  text/html also allows anything that is tag soup.
>> XForms is not tag soup, though.
> It's just as much tag-soup as XHTML or WF2 (when sent as text/html)
> IE supports "namespaces" in HTML, it not only supports them, it
> documents how to use them.

Namespaces don't exist in HTML. The only 'namespace' spec that I'm aware of
is the W3C's "Namespaces in XML", at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/,
and that doesn't apply to HTML documents.  Just because Microsoft might have
implemented their own proprietry version of namespaces, doesn't mean that
there is any concept of a 'namespace' in HTML documents.

And no, you can't send an XForms document as text/html, because it's neither
valid HTML nor XHTML Appendix C-compliant.

Regards,
Malcolm