[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 (WD 16 June 2004): DOCTYPEs

Anne van Kesteren (fora) wrote:

> The problem is that (1) browser don't support modularization and (2) Web
> Forms 2.0 would probably need a namespace which is something the working
> group doesn't want iirc.

I don't see how lack of support for modularisation is an issue, the
likes of Opera and Mozilla are quite happy to deal with XHTML 1.1 apart
from their lack of support for Ruby Annotation[1].

Certainly I agree that it must remain in the
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace (when sent with the
application/xhtml+xml content type, as opposed to text/html) in order to
be backwards compatible.  If Ruby Annotation can use the XHTML 1
namespace I don't see why Web Forms 2.0 can't.

Regards,

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-ruby-20010531/