[whatwg] Menubars and phishing

From: Matthew Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:45:05 +1200
On 14 Jun, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Dylan Schiemann wrote:
>>
>> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm really stuck on this problem of how to handle running remote
>>> applications so they definitely look like they are remote, and an
>>> application on paypcl.com is definitely distinguishable from one on
>>> paypal.com, even if they use near-identical code.

Having read this whole thread, I don't see what preventing phishing has
to do with menu bars in particular, or even What-WG in general.
Phishing is an increasing problem with Web apps right now, even when
they don't use pull-down menus or any other fancy elements.

Browser vendors could make phishing harder without requiring any user
intervention, but I'd rather not clutter this list with the technique
because it seems rather off-topic.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/