Scope (was: [whatwg] Why not JavaScript?)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> So applications like we saw in 1999 and created by Blox (a spreadsheet
> and a slide creator a la powerpoint) are out of scope if I understand
> well. Idem for an application like the webtop or the editor I posted a
> bit earlier.

Well, I'm not going to stop anyone from writing such applications, and if
people can suggest things which makes writing them easier, then I'm all
for it. I'm just saying that those things shouldn't be a priority.

For example, I doubt WHATWG will ever specify APIs for doing 3D modelling,
as would be required by a sophisticated spreadsheet application, or
complex transitions, as required by a slide projector.

But that doesn't mean that if some other API is available (e.g. SVG) that
it shouldn't be used with the WHATWG stuff.