[whatwg] a few comments to Webforms 2.0 Call For Comments

Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> Matthew Raymond wrote:
>
>>>If a range is implemented with a slider control, what happens if no
>>>initial value is specified?
>>
>>   Perhaps it should either be zero or the closest value to zero within
>>the range.
>
> Sensible, but wouldnt it be illegal for the control to automatically chose
> a value when none is supplied in the html?

But if there's a distinction between undefined and "zero" or
"initial" then the UI should also provide a method to return a
single control to that value. We have the same issue with radio
button groups where it's possible to have none selected at the start
but UI has no method to restore that state once one of the radio
button controls has been toggled.

I think that every control should have some defined value always
(even if that value *means* undefined) and UI should allow user to
return a control to that state even after there was some other value
in between.

--
Mikko