[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:23:00 +0100
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:11:44 +0300, Kai Hendry <hendry at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> > > That would be something.
> > That achieved what?  If there is no way it can be used successfully
> > remove it, if it can fix it, don't "discourage users".
>
> I agree but if it breaks HTML4 conformance then that seems like the only
> choice.

No, fix it is an option surely?  I don't see the point of having a
spec that's partially designed to fix the broken parts of HTML 4, but
simply doesn't bother.

> Btw can you suggest a mobile UA modifier key?

how about the Abc modifier key (a 6th entry on the rotation that leads
to accesskey) might not be ideal, alternatively you can have it on a
menu, it's still a shortcut to navigating through anything.

Jim.