[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@cs.helsinki.fi>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:11:44 +0300
On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 08:02:49 +0100, Jim Ley wrote:
> > > necessary, the spec could even include a statement discouraging authors
> > > from using the attribute.
> > That would be something.
> That achieved what?  If there is no way it can be used successfully
> remove it, if it can fix it, don't "discourage users".

I agree but if it breaks HTML4 conformance then that seems like the only
choice. W3C WAI for e.g. discourages users from doing a whole host of
bad things.

> > To answer Jim's long term question. I hope UAs can implement mechanisms
> > to help users "short cut" to the most interesting or used elements of a
> > web application.
> Then come up with some proposals that don't look like AccessKey :-)

How about a UA implementing macros? And then the UA allows users to bind
a key to that macro?
Perhaps a web app could propose default macros+binds for user
convenience via javascript.

Btw can you suggest a mobile UA modifier key? I wonder if it rival
escape. ;)