[whatwg] Document Type Definition (DTD) for Web Forms 2.0 - Draft 1

On 23 Jul 2004 at 10:32, fantasai wrote:

> Hmm. I'd leave events on link because you can use CSS to make
> it visible.
>
> Ian, do we want to remove events on noscript?

Why?

<script type="VBScript">
' VBScript here
</script>

<noscript onclick="alert('JavaScript is supported though!')">
Your browser does not understand VBScript.
</noscript>

I can't really imagine any site use it, but we can just leave that up
to the creativity of webmasters..

(I once saw an ad-serving script where a big block of HTML had been
automatically converted to JavaScript - just some computer adding
document.write for each line of HTML. I had never expected to see

document.write('<noscript>');
etc.. but there it was.)

BTW fantasai, what is the DTDMapper complaining about?
http://www.themaninblue.com/experiment/DTDMapper/?dtdPathText=http%3A%
2F%2Fsyntax.whatwg.org%2Fsgml%2Fhtml5core%2Bwf2%2Fpre1%2Fdtd&submitted
=Map+the+DTD%21
--
Hallvord R. M. Steen