[whatwg] type="datetime" demo

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:01:44 -0400, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
> martijnw wrote:
> > Jim Ley wrote:
> >> No it just errors in my javascript UA, please do not include any code
> >> that is not of the highest quality, if you're not competent at writing
> >> degradeable accessible scripting, PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
> >
> > What is your javascript UA?

Netscape 2.0 say but there's loads of them, these sort of errors can
be seen by inspection.  You don't use objects on the web, without
checking they exist first, it's the first thing to learn.  Which is
why rather than baby-stepping people through the code, I pointed to a
good resource for them to learn.

>    If you read the reply Jim Ley wrote to me, you would realize that he
> shouldn't give you the UA because if you can't code for ALL UAs
> simultaneously, you have the IQ of Forest Gump and should not be allowed
> to breed.

No, you've not learnt to script for the web, nothing to do with ones
intelligence, or their appropriateness to reproduce, but simply they
should learn how to do it first.  If it was simply a bug I would've
offered a suggestion to fix, as it wasn't a bug I felt simple advice
would be sufficient.

Jim.