[whatwg] Enough with the copyright notices!!!

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:52:54 -0400
    I would ask that people turn off the copyright notice signatures
unless those sigs specifically grant the contents of the email into the
public domain or otherwise allow unrestricted public use. Many of these
signatures place restrictions on the use of the email that violate the
spirit of an open process, and I believe that in some cases these sigs
may even cause the mailing list archive to be in violation of copyright law.

    If you choose to use a copyright notice sig, please use one tailored
specifically for the WHAT WG mailing list, and please ensure that the
notice does not impair the use of your emails in a public forum. If you
wish to communicate private or confidential information, please email
people directly and do not sent emails containing this information to
the mailing list.